Tuesday, December 14, 2010

18. Rear Swing-Arms and Brakes...

Here are both the rear swing-arms with the drum brakes still attached.



Stripping the swing-arms is not as difficult as you might think. All you need is a half inch ratchet and spanner.




End result of about 30min worth of work...






 During the stripping session I discovered that one of my rear bearings must have failed at some point. I will let the picture do the rest of the talking...




This is what it should look like...




After dealing with the drive flanges I tackled the rear slave cylinders...




I must say after 20-odd minutes marinating in petrol, the cylinders are back from the dead...






Only problem seems to be that my cylinders do not match up... So I will only be fixing one of them. Luckily I know of a good forum where I can get a replacement...





It’s amazing what a steel brush, new service kit and some high heat red paint can do...




No comments:

Post a Comment