Tuesday, September 21, 2010

5. Thinking of the best way to get the motor out.....?



Since the first build i have always wanted to remove the motor on the sub frame and not threw the bonnet opening. I just think it would be cool to see the running components in place when I lift the body.

As for lifting the body I have inquired about a lift type electric winch and sidebar installation in my garage. But I get the feeling that a normal engine lifting trolley will do the job.

Here are some details of the motor....

The motor is a 1275GT block out of a donor car I bought a couple of years back when the project started.
It was redone by Kollie of Kollie's auto repair. The block was resized to 1360cc and some work was done on the head. It is running a 6-4-3cam with normal rockers - (1.5/1 roller tip rockers will be fitted). We installed a new clutch and an 1100cc light flywheel. On the breathing side her lounges are assisted by a 40 Weber side draft with 42type jets.... going to upgrade to 45type soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment