Tuesday, November 2, 2010

15. Stripping out the Dash...

When myself and Wian made up the custom harness last year , we knew we had to make it easily removable...





To my surprise it took under 2 minutes to get the removable part out...




And there she is , my custom made "Floppy , hardboard covered, fire hazard" old dash...






The black dials are up for sale on the Mini forum, and will be replaced by magnolia dials later...





Looking at the custom harness I remembered that it took 2 days to get it this way, man those plastic connectors are a pain to reattach. As per Wian’s suggestion I will be going a different rout with the new dash wiring...




Now that the removable part is gone it is time to start to rip out the rest of the wiring and interior...



No comments:

Post a Comment